Books For Cash On Delivery
This website allows user to buy books online with Cash on Delivery option. It is FlipKart.Com kind of application.
This website used the following tools and technologies.
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net 4.0
- C# Language
- SQL Server 2008 Express Edition
- Visual Studio.NET 2010
- Layered Architecture with Presentation Layer and Data Access Layer
- ObjectDataSource is used in presentation layer to talk to DAL.
- GridView and DataList are mainly used to display and modify data
- LINQ TO SQL is used to access database
- Validation Controls
- Forms Authentication
- Mutlitple Authorizations - one for website and one for all folder
- hMailServer to send mails during password recovery
- Master pages and Themes
- Registration of user
- Forgot Password
- Change password
- Change Profile
- List of recently added books
- Search books by title
- Displaying details of a book
- Add book to Cart
- Displaying cart and allowing user to delete books from Cart
- Orders placed by user
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application. Sql Server database, which contains all required tables, is boundled
along with this application.
- Download booksforcod.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\booksforcod.
- Open Visual Studio.NET 2010
- Open the website from the directory into which you extracted the .rar file. For example, c:\booksforcod
- Database (Database.dbf) is placed in App_Data and it contains required tables. Tables contains some sample data for testing.
- I also proived tables.sql, which contains commands to create tables. Though not required now, it could be useful in some cases.
- Go to Solution Explorer and make login.aspx the startup page.
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET 2010
- You should see login.aspx page.
- Before you use Forgot Password option, make sure you installed a mail server in your system or network.
- Register a user. And test other options