Clients Information Management
This web application allows a company to keep track of clients and interactions with clients.
The overall architecure is ASP.NET MVC 4.0 (with C# and Razor) ->
DAL (Data Access Layer) -> LINQ -> SQL Server Database.
This website uses the following tools and technologies.
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net MVC 4.0
- Razor engine for presentation
- C# Language
- SQL Server LocalDB
- Visual Studio.NET 2012 Express for Web
- Data Validation Attributes for validation using JQuery
- Forms Authentication
- Layout and Stylesheets
- Data Access Layer (DAL) to talk to Database through LINQ
- Employee Login
- Change password
- Add Client
- Search Clients
- Getting details of Client
- Deleting client
- Listing recent interactions with client
- Adding Interaction with client
- Delete interaction
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application. Sql Server database, which contains all required tables, is bundled
along with this application.
- Download cim.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\cim.
- Start Visual Studio.NET 2012 Express for Web
- Open the project from the directory into which you extracted the .rar file. For example, c:\cim
- Database (clients.mdf) is placed in App_Data and it contains required tables. Tables contain some sample data for testing.
- I also provided tables.txt, which contains commands to create tables. Though not required now, it could be useful in some cases.
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET
- You should see login page
- Login with employee id 1 and password s and test options