This website allows users to tracker their fixed and recurring deposits.
This website used the following tools and technologies.
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net 4.0
- C# Language
- SQL Server 2008 Express Edition
- Visual Studio.NET 2010
- Layered Architecture with Presentation Layer and Data Access Layer
- ObjectDataSource is used in presentation layer to talk to DAL.
- GridView is used to display
- LINQ and ADO.NET are used to access database
- Validation Controls
- Forms Authentication
- Mutlitple Authorizations - one for website and one for all folder
- hMailServer to send mails during password recovery and sending notifications regarding maturity of deposits
- Master pages and Themes
- Registration of Uesr
- Forgot Password
- Change password
- Add fixed deposit
- Update fixed deposit
- Delete fixed deposit
- Search fixed deposits
- List all fixed deposits
- Listing deposits to be matured in the near future
- All the above operations for Recurring deposits as well
- A page for webmaster to send mails to all users whose deposits are to be matured in 15 days time. It is supposed to be another module, but for simplicity sake it is provided here.
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application. Sql Server database, which contains all required table, is boundled
along with this application.
- Download depositstracker.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\depositstracker.
- Open Visual Studio.NET 2010
- Open the website from the directory into which you extracted the .rar file. For example, c:\
- Database (Database.dbf) is placed in App_Data and it contains required tables. Tables contains some sample data for testing.
- tables.sql file contains commands to create tables. You can use it in case you need to create tables in another database.
- Go to Solution Explorer and make login.aspx the startup page.
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET 2010
- You should see login.aspx page.
- Register as user. And check other options