Employees Depdendents Information
This intranet application allows employees to add, update and delete information about their dependents.
This website used the following tools and technologies.
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net 4.5
- C# Language
- SQL Server 2008 Express Edition
- Visaul Studio 2012 Express For Web
- Layered Architecture with Presentation Layer and Data Access Layer
- ObjectDataSource is used in presentation layer to talk to DAL.
- LINQ TO SQL is used to access database
- Validation Controls
- Forms Authentication
- Mutlitple Authorizations - one for website and one for all folder
- hMailServer to send mails during password recovery
- Master pages and Themes
- Forgot Password
- Change password
- List of Dependents
- Add Dependent
- Delete Dependent
- Update Dependent
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application. Sql Server database, which contains all required tables, is boundled
along with this application.
- Download empdepinfo.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\empdepinfo.
- Open Visual Studio 2012
- Open the website from the directory into which you extracted the .rar file. For example, c:\empdepinfo
- Database (Database.dbf) is placed in App_Data and it contains required tables. Tables contains some sample data for testing.
- I also proived tables.sql, which contains commands to create tables. Though not required now, it could be useful in some cases.
- Go to Solution Explorer and make login.aspx the startup page.
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET 2012
- You should see login.aspx page.
- Before you use Forgot Password option, make sure you installed a mail server in your system or network.