This is an intranet/internet application that allows users to share files, messages, and links.
Technologies and Products used
- .Net Framework 1.1
- Visual Studio.Net 2003
- SQL Server 2000
Operations and related files
The following table lists operations and associated objects and files.
|Search for groups
|Join a group
|Creating new group
|List of messages
|Post new message
|Displaying message details
|List of files
|Upload new file
|Creating required Tables
|Creating CREATEGROUP procedure
|Creating DELETEGROUP procedure
|Files that are uploaded
|Configuration file for ALL folder
The following are the steps to related to be taken to run the existing part of the application :
- Download groups.zip and unzip it into C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT directory (assuming
Windows is installed in C drive)
li>Connect to SQL Server and create GROUPS database as follows:
CREATE DATABASE GROUPS
- Make GROUPS the current database by giving the following command
- Create required tables using TABLES.TXT file and also insert some data into USERS table.
- Start IIS and create a virtual directory with the name GROUPS and make it refer to physical directory C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\GROUPS
- Open Visual Studio.Net 2003 and open the project from C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\GROUPS.
- Build the project.
- Invoke IE and give the following URL:
It should display Login Page. Login in with user name and password that inserted into USERS table.