This web application provides Internet Banking facility to customers of a Bank.
First an account holder must register for Internet Banking facility at the branch where he/she holds an account. Then
bank provides password using which he/she can access Internet Banking facility.
This project doesn't use ADO.NET and instead it uses LINQ to access SQL Database. It also uses LINQ with stored procedures
The following are important characteristics of this project:
- User logs in using account number and password provided by bank
- User can change password
- User gets summary of Account - current balance
- Most recent 5 transaction done by the account
- Funds can be tranfered to other accounts of the same bank
- Funds can be tranfered only to registered payees, so payees are to be registered
- Search for transactions based on dates
- Make a request for cheque book
Technologies and Products Used
- ASP.NET 3.5
- C# language
- Visual Studio.NET 2008
- SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Stored procedurs
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to related to be taken to run the existing part of the application:
- Download ibank.zip and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\ibank.
This download contains all that is required for project including database.
Note: This project uses Ajax Control Toolkit, but it doesn't provide the AjaxControlToolkit.dll. So make sure
you place AjaxControlToolkit.dll in BIN folder of the project.
- Open Visual Studio.NET 2008 or Visual Web Developer 2008.
- Open the project from the directory into which you extracted project.For example,
- Goto Solution Explorer and make login.aspx the startup page.
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET 2008 or Visual Web Developer 2008.
- You should see login.aspx page.