This is an intranet application that is used to by Librarian to do the
The following are the topics of ASP.NET used in this project.
- Search for books on title and author
- Issue books to members
- Handle return of book
- Generate issues report
- Displaying book's issues history
- Displaying member's issues history
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net 4.0
- C# Language
- SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Visual Studio.NET 2010
- Layered Architecture with Presentation Layer (ASP.NET Pages) and Data Access Layer (C# Classes)
- All database manipulations are done with stored procedures.
- Stored procedures are accessed using classes in DAL - Data Access Layer.
- ObjectDataSource is used in presentation layer to talk to DAL.
- Master page and themes are used
- Treeview and sitemap features
- ADO.NET is used to access database
- Forms authentication
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application.
- Download librarianmodule.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\librarianmodule.
The project comes with its own database, which is Database.mdf in App_Data folder. It contains required tables and stored procedures.
- Open Visual Studio.NET 2008/2010
- Open the project from the directory into which you extracted project. For example, c:\librarianmodule
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET.
- You should see login.aspx page.
- The database that is present in App_Data folder contains some sample data. It has user
a with password a.
- Test the rest of the options.
net and project
Go FTP FREE