Customer Module For Life Insurance Company
This website, provided by a Life Insurance Company, allows customers to register and access their policies and premiums information online.
This website used the following tools and technologies.
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net 4.0
- C# Language
- SQL Server 2008 Express Edition
- Visual Studio.NET 2010
- Layered Architecture with Presentation Layer and Data Access Layer
- Some database operations are done with stored procedures.
- ObjectDataSource is used in presentation layer to talk to DAL.
- GridView and FormView are mainly used to display and modify data
- ADO.NET is used to access database
- AJAX is used to validate user loginname in registration page
- Validation Controls
- Forms Authentication
- Mutlitple Authorizations - one for website and one for all folder
- hMailServer to send mails during password recovery
- Master pages and Themes
- Registration of Customer
- Forgot Password
- Change password
- Update Profile
- Enroll policy
- List Enrolled Policies
- Delete enrolled policy
- Premium Calendar - Lists premiums to be paid for the entire year
- Premiums paid statement by selected year
- Details of a single policy
- Agent Locator
- Branch Locator
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application. Sql Server database, which contains all required table and stored procedures, is boundled
along with this application.
- Download policies.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\policies.
- Open Visual Studio.NET 2010
- Open the website from the directory into which you extracted the .rar file. For example, c:\policies
- Database (Database.dbf) is placed in App_Data and it contains required tables and stored procedures. Tables contains some sample data for testing.
- Create Table and Create/Alter Procedure commands are placed in tables.sql file in the website. You can use these commands to create tables and required procedures
- Go to Solution Explorer and make login.aspx the startup page.
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET 2010
- You should see login.aspx page.
- Register as user. The fullname and date of birth must match with policy hoder's date of birth and fullname if you have to enroll a policy. So ensure those details match at the time of registeration.