Requests Management System
This intranet application allows employees to login and make requests for leaves and cab requirement. It also allows employees to list
and cancel requests
The following are the topics of ASP.NET used in this project.
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net 3.5
- C# Language
- SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Visual Studio.NET 2008
- LINQ to SQL is used to access Sql Server database
- It uses SQL Server local database
- Layered Architecture with Presentation Layer and Data Access Layer
- ObjectDataSource is used in presentation layer to talk to DAL and DAL in turn talks to LINQ
- GridView are used to display details
- Master page and Theme are used for same look and feel across pages
- Change password
- Home page
- Add Leave Request
- Add Cab Request
- List of leave requests
- List of cab requests
- Cancel leave request
- Cancel cab request
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application.
- Download rm.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\rm.
- Go to BIN directory of the project and place AjaxControlToolkit.dll in BIN directory so that controls from AJAX Control Toolkit can be used
- Start Visual Studio.NET 2008
- Open the project from the directory into which you extracted project. For example, c:\rm
- Database (Database.dbf) is placed in App_Data and it contains required tables
- Go to Solution Explorer and make login.aspx the startup page.
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET 2008 using F5.
- You should see login.aspx page.
- Login with employee id - 1001 and password - scott.