These projects were developed with SQL Server 2000 as the back-end and ASP.NET as the
front-end. Code was written in Visual Basic.Net and Visual Studio.Net was used to develop
These projects were developed in an ASP.NET batch as classroom projects ( to show
how to consolidate various topics to develop a complete project).
This project is consisting of two projects, which are:
- A website for parents of the students to get information about their childern.
- An intranet application for administration staff to feed marks, handle complaints etc.
How do you run?
You have to follow the steps given below to run these projects - Myschool and MySchoolAdmin.
- Download school.zip into your system.
- Unzip school.zip using WinZip.
You get two directories - MySchool and MySchoolAdmin .
- Create two virtual directories one for MySchool and another for MySchoolAdmin. The virtual directories
must point to physical directories into which you extracted the school.zip file.
- Set default page in IIS for myschool virtual directory as home.aspx.
- Connect to SQL Server as user sa.
- Create a database in SQL Server - CREATE DATABASE MYSCHOOL .
- Make myschool database the current database by using - USE MYSCHOOL command.
- Create tables required for these applications by running CREATE TABLE commands that are found in
the file tables.txt in myschool directory.
- Insert some sample data into tables
- Open the required application in Visual Studio.Net 2003 and run it.
Note : Some of the operations are not implemented. Students are expected to write code for those operations. They are left
as assignments to students.