This website allows user record expenses regarding a programme like a trip so that how much each member of the trip owes and pays is tracked.
This website used the following tools and technologies.
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net 4.0
- C# Language
- SQL Server 2008 Express Edition
- Visual Studio.NET 2010
- Layered Architecture with Presentation Layer and Data Access Layer
- ObjectDataSource is used in presentation layer to talk to DAL.
- DropDownList, GridView, FormView are mainly used for UI
- ADO.NET is used to access database
- Stored Procedures in SQL Server are used to perform some major operations
- Validation Controls
- Forms Authentication
- Mutlitple Authorizations - one for website and one for all folder
- hMailServer to send mails during password recovery
- Master pages and Themes
- AJAX using UpdatePanel
- Registration of user
- Forgot Password
- Change password
- Add programme
- Add a member to a programme
- Get details of a programme including how much each member paid so far and owes
- Delete a programme with all its details
- Add contribution by a member towards the programme
- Add expenditure related to a programme
- List expenses related to a programme including members share
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application. Sql Server database, which contains all required tables, is boundled
along with this application.
- Download ShareExpenses.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\ShareExpenses.
- Open Visual Studio.NET 2010
- Open the website from the directory into which you extracted the .rar file. For example, c:\ShareExpenses
- Database (Database.dbf) is placed in App_Data and it contains required tables. Tables contains some sample data for testing.
- I also proived tables.sql, which contains commands to create tables. Though not required now, it could be useful in some cases.
- Go to Solution Explorer and make login.aspx the startup page.
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET 2010
- You should see login.aspx page.
- Before you use Forgot Password option, make sure you installed a mail server in your system or network.
- Register a user. And test other options