This website allows users to post reviews regarding other websites. Users can add websites in different categories and then post reviews. Searching websites, listing views, and user related
operations are the other options provided by this website.
The following are the topics of ASP.NET used in this project.
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net 3.5
- C# Language
- SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Visual Studio.NET 2008
- Layered Architecture with Presentation Layer and Data Access Layer
- All database manipulations are done with stored procedures.
- Stored procedures are accessed using classes in DAL - Data Access Layer.
- ObjectDataSource is used in presentation layer to talk to DAL.
- DataList and GridView are used to display details
- ADO.NET is used to access database
- User Registration
- Password Recovery
- Change password
- Home page
- Add Website
- List of most recently added websites
- Search websites
- Add review
- List reviews
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application. This project makes use of membership feature of ASP.NET.
- Download sitesreview.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\songs.
- Open Visual Studio.NET 2008 or Visual Web Developer 2008.
- Open the project from the directory into which you extracted project. For example, c:\sitesreview
- Database (Database.dbf) is placed in App_Data and it contains required tables and stored procedures
- Go to Solution Explorer and make login.aspx the startup page.
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET 2008 or Visual Web Developer 2008.
- You should see login.aspx page.
- Create new user using registration page and then login with that user name and password
- Test the rest of the options.
Check here for
further information concerning
Go FTP FREE