This website allows users to manager their tasks (todo list). Once user registers, user can manager his/her tasks using this website.
This website used the following tools and technologies.
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net 4.0
- C# Language
- SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Visual Studio.NET 2010
- Layered Architecture with Presentation Layer and Data Access Layer
- Some database operations are done with stored procedures.
- ObjectDataSource is used in presentation layer to talk to DAL.
- GridView and DetailsView are mainly used to display and modify data
- ADO.NET is used to access database
- WebService and AJAX are used to validate user registration
- Web User Controls
- Validation Controls
- Forms Authentication
- Mutlitple Authorizations - one for website and one for all folder
- hMailServer to send mails during password recovery
- Master pages and themes
- Calendar Extender of Ajax Control Toolkit
- Forgot Password
- Change password
- Home page to list upcoming tasks
- Add Task
- Search Tasks by Title or Description
- Advanced Search of Tasks
- Completion of Task
- Updation of task
- Deletetion of task
- Listing history of completed tasks
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application. Sql Server database, which contains all required table and stored procedures, is boundled
along with this application.
- Download TaskManager.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\taskmanager.
- Open Visual Studio.NET 2010
- Open the website from the directory into which you extracted the .rar file. For example, c:\taskmanager
- Database (Database.dbf) is placed in App_Data and it contains required tables and stored procedures
- Create Table and Create/Alter Procedure commands are placed in tables.sql file in the website
- As it used CalendarExtender of Ajax Control Toolkit, download Ajax Control Toolki, add it to toolbox and use Calendar Extender. For details, please search in Google.
- Go to Solution Explorer and make login.aspx the startup page.
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET 2010
- You should see login.aspx page.
- Login using email address email@example.com and password s.
- Test the rest of the options.