Online Information and Booking for Bus Services
This website of a typical travels, which runs buses between different cities, allows user to get information about bus services and book seats. As it is a classroom project
it does not provide payment option but it allows user to book seat and then get a printed ticket from the travels.
The following are important tasks of this project:
The following are the topics of ASP.NET used in this project.
- Search for Bus services
- Booking seats
- Providing information about all services
- Feedback regarding the services
- Cancellation of booking
- Asp.Net 3.5
- C# Language
- SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Visual Studio.NET 2008
- Layered Architecture with Presentation Layer (ASP.NET Pages), Business Logic Layer(BLL) and Data Access Layer (DAL)
- All database manipulations are done with stored procedures.
- Stored procedures are accessed using classes in DAL - Data Access Layer.
- BLL is used to interact with DAL
- ObjectDataSource is used in presentation layer to talk to BLL.
- Master page and themes are used to uniform user interface
- ADO.NET is used to access database
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application.
- Download travels.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to d:\ then it will create a directory c:\travels.
The project comes with its own database, which is Database.mdf in App_Data folder. It contains required tables and stored procedures. So you need not create
procedures and tables in the database.
- Open Visual Studio.NET 2008
- Open the project from the directory into which you extracted project. For example, c:\travels
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET.
- You should see default.aspx
- The database that is present in App_Data folder contains some sample data. Either you can experiment with existing data or create new data. Especially
data into BUSES table must be inserted. You can also use generatebuses.aspx to generate data regarding buses for the given dates.
project and net
FTPS and FTPS
on the planet
Go FTP FREE